Many people are concerned about weight gain or obesity at some stage in life.
Some need it to keep the diseases like hyper tension, heart problems at bay.
While others need it to keep good looking.
Weight gain is a problem faced by many women during pregnancy. But it can get normal after delivery. Also one should take up few exercises latter.
For elders and old age people weight gain can be permanent. It can cause joint pains, difficulty to breath and unable to walk or climb stairs.
So one has to keep a watch and control weight gain for long-term benefits. If you feel that your body is gaining weight, then take the following measures as early as possible.
Here are tips which can help in mild weight loss.
But if you are genetically prone to weight gain or if you are overly obese, then you must take expert advice on consultation.
The tips for weight loss mentioned below can be followed by everyone irrespective of sex and age.
10 Tips for weight lose include:
1. Avoid sedentary life style. This is one of the prime reasons for increase in incidence of obesity among people.
Even in work place try to keep moving, climb stair etc. by avoiding lift if possible. Go to your office or place of work by walk or bicycle. If you have to work on a system for long, then use a computer standing desk.
Working by standing before a computer really helps prevent weight gain and other problems due to prolonged sitting.
2. Sleep well and try to reduce mental stress: Sleep is one of the repair mechanisms of the body. Proper sleeps helps overcome stress. Relief from stress facilitates proper physiological function. Right physiology and function of body is a natural control over obesity.
Hence recent findings suggest due to light pollution, there is growth in cases of insomnia (sleeplessness) among people. This insomnia is responsible for obesity.
3. Do not eat food unnecessarily: We tend to eat often like in between work to lunch or between evening snack and supper etc. Avoid eating at frequent intervals because in frequent eating we consume more food than we do while eating at normal sessions. This excess food is not needed and just accumulates as fat.
4. Avoid stress by breathing: Some of us are over anxious of situation or at work. This stress derails proper digestion and physiology. So breathing deeper and slowly during work and activity can relieve stress. Because a recent scientific thought is that one tends to eat unnecessarily due to tension termed as Binge eating disorder which can induce obesity and heavy weight. This eating is mostly between work and in office.
5. Have a regular exercise daily. Exercise helps to burn out excess and unnecessary calories. Also it provides flexibility in body movement, eases blood flow to all the regions in the body and also strengthen muscles. Due to enhanced circulation toxins are flushed out. These all help in control of body weight.
6. Avoid junk food and soft beverages: Having junk food and cold beverages is a habit for many. But they are thought to be responsible for weight gain especially in kids. and children. These foods have a high amount of calories and less nutrition. Also there are chances of high fat content. Thus they can act as factors for weight gain.
7. Minimize alcohol consumption. This is important tip for weight loss. Alcohol when consumed, it breaks down in the body to provide calories. So when food is also consumed, the calories from food remain underutilized. This leads to accumulation of fat and calories there by adding to body weight.
8. Have fibrous foods like plantains and fruits: Fibrous foods help in clearing of gut and also remove fatty content from food. Thus they are prevented from being absorbed into blood and body. So it is good to have fruit especially those rich in fiber after meal.
9. Include more amounts of protein rich foods: it is important to include protein rich foods than carbohydrate and fatty foods. Of course you also need a sufficient amount of carbohydrates for energy. Protein rich foods aid in muscle stiffness contrary to loose body mass as seen in over weight cases. Even DASH diet can help.
10. Check your body nature and its response to various consumables. I recently heard a film actor saying even a glass of water can put him weight. So if the body nature is sensitive, try to identify that food stuff. Then stop having that consumable to prevent weight. Some feel potato, while other rice can enhance weight. So check your and avoid that consumable.
These tips for weight loss are just informative. If you tend to gain weight it is good to consult a physician as there can be other hidden causes.