The natural remedies for piles include pilex tablets, drinking water, having a warm sitz bath. This is applicable up to second-grade piles that too without other complications.
Besides above, having high fibrous foods, staying away from oil foods and avoiding constipation is beneficial.
Piles are the swollen red colored external eruptions around the anus. They are most painful and also embarrassing experiences one can ever suffer from.
With piles, it is difficult to sit, walk or even relax properly. It is a health condition which affects many people in their life.
The symptoms of piles appear as a mild problem in many people and may subside naturally.
But in some of them, it may be a full-blown problem. The symptoms do not disappear and instead, they become worse day by day.
It is one of the lifestyle disorders which occurs due to the irregular habits of a person.
The only preventive remedy to piles seems to be proper water and fiber intake into the body.
Treatment for hemorrhoids by natural methods
Hemorrhoidal treatment can be very fast with a combination of allopathic drugs.
In practice, doctors prescribe analgesics especially local anesthetics. These desensitize the area of pain and are helpful to relieve the pain immediately.
Anti-inflammatory drugs minimize inflammation which is the actual cause of pain, swelling of veins around rectum, etc. These minimize the itching sensation and also the bleeding during stools.
Antibiotics are also given which help to reduce any infection based inflammation etc.
Further one has to avoid fried foods, foods with much pepper, chili powder, meat, chicken for faster recovery. Having light foods like milk, fruit juice, curds, etc. can help relieve symptoms fast.
The natural means to treat the piles include
1. Water: Consume at least 5 liters of water a day. Try to have a bottle of water around and take a sip every 15 min or so.
2. Warm Sitz bath: This is a procedure wherein a person sits in a warm water tub till the hip. By this, the area of piles is exposed to warm water to bring instant relief of pain. Further, on regular practice, the pains subside well and help in healing piles when accompanied by some medicine.
3. Fruits: Having fibrous fruits helps to avoid constipation. Lack of constipation is one of the first steps to relives hemorrhoids. Fruits like Mango, guava, pineapple, papaya has good fibrous content. When they are taken, they greatly enhance the water content of stools. This relieves constipation and also straining at stools which enhance hemorrhoid pains and symptoms.
4. Use of oil/ soothing gels: One can use coconut oil or other soothing oils to minimize the pain. For this, application at the site of the anus is beneficial. But see that there is no infection growing.
5. Posture: Sleeping or lying down are good positions in times of extreme pain. For sitting one should avoid cushion, sofa-like chair, but wooden chairs with a hard surface will be helpful. Also try to minimize walking, running in times of intense pains.
6. Dress; Wear light fitting clothes especially around the abdomen. This helps to minimize the pressure on the rectum. Also avoid belts, elastic clothing around the waist.
7. Physical exercise: It is recommended to avoid sedentary life. Everday go for some exercise like gym or yoga for prevention of piles.
Even if you work from home, try to go for a walk on daily basis. This help to bring movement in the gut.
When there is an activity the intestinal motility is fine. This helps the movement of bowels and keeps free from constipation.
8. Hard surface for sitting: When tend to sit on cushion surface or sofas for comfort. But those with frequent symptoms of piles will find that sitting on a hard surface provides relief.
9. Avoid riding a bike: This may seem silly. But try and see by not riding your bike (not a scooter) or bicycle. You will see the decrease in pain and also bleeding during stools.
Also, go for stools when you feel the urge. Do not delay and avoid the urge.
For food, try to have a diet of plain milk or something mixed with milk or buttermilk. Avoid all the possible types of spice, even avoid non-veg for a week. You will see a dramatic decrease in symptoms.
Symptoms of piles:
The reason being in winters, we tend to drink less water due to the fear of coldness of the water. This leads to dryness and dehydration of rectum leading to piles. Also, there are chances that people use heat blowers which aggravate dehydration. If you notice that you sleep in a room with a heater on during winters, the mouth seems to be dried and you feel more thirst. But you may not like to drink water due to its coldness.
In summers due to heavy temperature and sweating we likely get dehydrated and the problem.
Also, other factors include high fats content diet, spicy foods, chicken (non-veg), low water consumption, sedentary life, etc.
The symptoms are seen in obese patients, pregnant women, children and even adults, etc.
1. There is extreme pain during the passing of stools with chances of bleeding.
2. Blood drips drop by drop during stools from anus or
3. One can even feel the fistula eruptions or bead-like structures near the anus during the passing of stools.
4. The symptoms aggravate by constipation and subside by drinking more water in a day.
5. Also sitting on a cushion like soft surface aggravates the symptoms while sitting on hard and wooden surface relieves.
Causes of piles:
a) Water insufficiency is considered a prime cause. So when you experience symptoms of pain, doctors ask you to consume more amounts of water.
Less intake of water will increase dehydration in the body. So the water from the gut is taken up to maintain the blood volume. In doing so, the mucous layer of large intestine and rectum gets dried.
The bowels are also dry due to low water content. This leads to difficult movement of stools along the track causing chances of rupture of mucous membrane. During the evacuation, there is excess pressure on the delicate mucous layer of rectum leading to bleeding, inflammation, etc. This leads to bleeding of the membrane and hence we observe blood in stools.
The blood in stools is the first symptom of piles indicating low water content.
So when a person with piles consumes sufficient water, there will be quick relief from symptoms as seen in many cases.
b) Fiber less Diet: Diet without fibrous food is the next important cause. A low fibrous diet like fried, junk foods, enhance the dehydration. This diet can even enhance inflammation and pain in the rectum. Having more fried food, meat, chicken, oil, etc. can cause piles. So it is good to have seasonal fruits, salad and other vegetables to avoid piles.
c) Spicy foods: Piles are mostly seen in people who consume lots of spice, pickles, etc. The spicy foods disturb the normal rhythm of the digestive tract. They can irritate the gut and make it sensitive and inflamed. Once these remnants of spicy food reach the rectum, they cause further irritation and pain. Hence you can notice that when you consume more of pickled or spiced food, there will be pain during the evacuation. Minimal consumption of spicy foods will relieve the symptoms of piles faster.
d) Irregular bowel habits also cause piles. So it is better to go for clearing bowels when there is the urge.
e) Sedentary lifestyle: This is the common cause of pile. Lack of physical activity leads to inactive digestive gut movements. This causes constipation and thereby piles. So to avoid this one needs to have an active life with proper workout and exercises.
Even those who work for long by sitting experience piles. So it is good to work by standing and frequently move in between.