Septilin is a potent anti-infective medicine from the Himalaya drug company, useful for both kids and adults.
It is available in both syrup and tablet for and I would suggest syrup for kids and elderly people. For adults, tablets would be economical.
My introduction to septilin
I once suffered from a strange fever (viral) for a couple of days. I tried paracetamol and then antibiotics to relieve fever.
But, the suffering was long with changes in stools, body energy, etc. I was fragile and even loose stools set in. Finally, I began to recover, but it was not complete.
Interestingly my two kids and even my wife suffered the same fever, and the whole family was weak.
We consulted few doctors, and one of the physicians who work as deputy surgeons in a government hospital recommended septilin from Himalaya for complete recovery.
Since I am of a pharmacy background, I tested it and it became my favorite medicine for the whole family.
After taking it twice a day, I felt better and got completely cured of the remaining infection in two days.
If you wish to avoid frequent use of antibiotics to your kids and family, I would advise trying septilin once.
Even if you are on antibiotics, add septilin to treatment, you will notice excellent results.
Septilin Indications and my experience.
As per the company and also my observation, it is good for
- Upper respiratory tract infections. This could mean cold, nose and even throat infections. If it is severe, then add Himalaya bresol medicine too as a combination.
- Mild fever as it is a natural antipyretic. This means it could reduce body fever.
- Antibiotic resistance, i.e., it prevents the resistance of microbes to antibiotics.
- Blood infections, dental, skin and eye infections.
As per my usage, it worked well to relieve the rumbling sound in the breath. This happens when phlegm is present in the wind tract. This could be a blessing for those who suffer from frequent respiratory infections in winter due to dust pollution. If the symptoms are mild, septilin would be fine. If severe, septilin, along with anti-infective drugs like antibiotics, would do well.
It is made of multiple natural herbs like
- Maharasnadi quath – Is an anti-inflammatory drug
- Rubia cordifolia (manjishta)-Is a potent blood detoxifier.
- Tinospora cordifolica (Guduchi)-anti-infective.
- Trikatu– for respiratory health
- Inula racemosa (Puskarmool)-Expectorant, anti-infective,febrifuge
- Emblica Officinalis (Gooseberry)-Immune booster
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice)-For bronchitis, throat infections, etc.
- Guggul– for urinary tract infection, arthritis.
The first and last components are immunomodulatory, i.e., they strengthen the body’s immune defense naturally. In comparison, the second component benefits the skin.
They together provide immunity, antioxidants, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
The dosage of septilin syrup
The recommended dose is 10ml twice a day for adults and 5ml twice a day for children. When our children of age 2 and four years old fell sick with recurring fevers. We used to give them septilin and it seems to inhibit the full-fledged progression of the infection. But still, consider this based on a doctor’s suggestion.
If it is a tablet, initially two tablets twice a day for two days and then one tablet twice a day till relief is advised for adults.
For children who can swallow, one tablet twice a day is sufficient.
Uses and benefits of septilin
- Septilin syrup is sweet in taste. So administering to the children is easy as they will like to drink it. Also, it helps improve immunity in them and there may not be a need to go for anti-infectives or antibiotics for a simple cough, throat pain and light fever.
- The primary indication as per the company is to fight infections. But septilin seems to work for blood, respiratory and other infections.
- Since the dose is low and most of the ingredients are digestible, the chances of passing into the baby during breastfeeding are limited. Even, if passed it should not affect the baby as the ingredients are natural and short living. Still, you can contact the Himalaya customer care for it.
- It may also be an excellent natural remedy to counter antibiotic resistance. If one has frequent respiratory or other infections, septilin could be a beneficial drug. Besides, those exposed to air pollution could benefit from it.