Migraine as everyone knows is a pulsating headache.
It concentrates on one side of the head in most cases. The one side can be either at the back, or sides of the head.
The characteristic symptoms of this headache are unbearable pain which get worse by light and sound.
So the person suffering from it tries to keep away from light and also avoids sound.
Interestingly this headache seems to be more common in women than men.
And once this headache arises, the person is unable to work. He needs complete rest as activity aggravates the symptoms. So the is loss of work for those with this headache.
Though one will be prescribed with medications for migraine, there seems to be no permanent cure.
In many cases it is believed to subside with age like after menopause etc.
There are many contributing factors like hormonal changes, stress, genetic factors causing this headache.
But the best way to to manage this is to avoid the headaches. This includes lifestyle changes, nutrition and other factors.
But below we see methods of natural migraine treatment.
Natural Migraine Treatment
This is quite preferred by many as they know that there is no permanent cure in modern medicine for it.
Since the only way to relieve the pain is use of some medicine like ergotamines or triptans. But their over use is not recommended.
The natural means include to avoid stress as much as possible. Or if not even cure the problem.
1.Avoid Calcium supplements. In people who consume calcium supplements, it is likely that if they are prone to migraine they are easily affected by it. So when they are given Calcium channel blockers. they get relief of it. This indicates that they have to avoid calcium supplements. But if they need to consume calcium supplements, they can make an alternative by using milk instead.
2.Relieve stress: Stress is one of the prime cause of migraine. So one need to relieve stress for the purpose. For this doing yoga is one of the better options. This not only relives stress but also gives control over the mind. There are some easy yoga positions for this recommended by art of living.
3. Keep watch on triggers. Notice when and why you are prone to migraine. Some are prone to it during menstruation, others during or after pregnancy. So try to keep away any stress situations then and if possible have plenty of rest to avoid the head ache. Like avoid stress during menstruation for those who experience migraine during menstrual onset.
4. Go for homeopathy. I have seen my mom suffer from migraine since childhood. Once I came across homeopathy, i went through some symptoms of her life style and gave her Nux-vomica-30. Surprisingly she felt relived within minutes of placing the pills one her tongue. She latter said when the pills were given, she had a sense of swollen face. But when she saw in the mirror, there was no swelling.
And from then her recurrences dropped significantly. Instead of once in a week, they appeared once in a year or two. Latter she forgot them.
So what homeo doctors say about such cure is that, when the symptoms are defined and matched with medicine in homeopathy, such cures are possible. I do not wish to go in details here as it can sound out of topic. But you may consult a homeo-physician for help if you suffer from it.
5. Check for eyes problems: Consult doctor for any eye sight related problems. If you have problems in vision, your eyes and brain strain a lot to get clear picture while seeing. In doing so, there is stress on the brain which can lead to migraine. So wearing suitable eye glasses to correct vision problems helps to relive migraine.
6. Avoid Eye Strain: Now a days many people who work on computers for long suffer from it. This is due to the strain on the brain and also dryness of eyes.
For this one can take a break every 45 minutes of work. Also every twenty minutes, they can divert gaze away from the screen for 20 seconds.
This way, there is little strain on eyes and also brain. It is also good to apply eye drops to prevent dryness and also strain on the eyes.
7. Natural herbs. Though there are arguable claims regarding their efficiency. Try to avoid taking them internally to be safe from any untoward effects. There are some herbs which are made to paste and applied on the head at region of migraine pains. It is said be effective to relived from migraines.
Besides these, check for your blood pressure, hormonal disturbances if any.