Dehydration is a status of lack of sufficient water in the body and its cells.
Dehydration leads to many health issues like headache, constipation, -piles, pain in the urinary tract like due to kidney stones, infections, acidity of stomach.
During summer, there can be sunstroke which is severe risk to health and even life.
Having water at regular intervals in sufficient quantity can greatly reduce the chances of dehydration.
But there are instances where one gets dehydrated without being aware.
Like during hot summers while working or going outdoors in uncovered mode.
During winters when you do not prefer to drink water due to excess cold (as even water is cold), also when one stays beside a heater for long to combat winter cold.
The hot air around make you dehydrated fast.So one feel bleeding in stools as a first symptom of piles during winter.
Tips to prevent dehydration:
1. Having water at regular intervals. Some recommend 5 to 6 liters a day but, even less will do as body adjusts to a set physiology. If you consume more water you also go for emptying a lot of times. If you have less, than your body will adjust to that volume by decreasing excretion from the body. But that does not mean you should have only 3 liters or less.
2. Having fibrous rich foods will enhance water holding in the gut. This makes gut have sufficient water needed fro lubrication of the gut wall and move the food in it freely. This helps prevent constipation and way for piles.
3. Having butter milks and dairy products during summer heat to minimize heat and also water loss in the form of sweat.
4. Having a pinch of salt with water in case of excess sweating adds to hydration.Sodium chloride the salt holds water in the body. This sis not advised to those who have high blood pressure and obesity.
5. Decrease in oily foods lets for better hydration of gut. Oily food digestion uses more water than non oily foods. In case one consumes oily food, they need to consume lot of water.