Health Benefits of Walking everyday is quite huge. It is a good habit than a mere exercise.
It is recommended by many health and fitness experts for anyone with physical discomfort or illness.
It is a natural activity in human life and we have restricted it due to availability of many vehicles at our immediate access.
Some avoid walking as they stay or reside localities with no space for a pollution and traffic free walking. Others avoid walking as they have no time for it.
They just use vehicles for transport with a no chance for wastage of time. Also there are people who have time and sufficient chance to walk but still they use vehicles and avoid walk due to either laziness or for a matter of financial status indication.
By any means, we human tend to avoid this healthy daily life activity called walking. Walking is so natural as just we blink our eyebrows or we breath in air. When such a natural activity is stopped then, the derailment of many body functions start to happen.
So i advice that if you feel yourself to be lethargic or moody or even unwell go for a quite and pleasant walk in the outdoors. This is to be done preferably in low air pollution and open air place. Even try to avoid heavy sunlight.
One can notice tremendous benefits due to walk.
Health Benefits of Walking
1. Decreases acidity. Acidity is the cause of excess secretion of acid in the stomach portion of digestive tract. Walking helps relive you from acidity. Acidity is a common problem in adults who roam frequently on bike, lorry, train or other roadway transport. During transport, gut is subjected to stress due to frequent bumps in the journey. In case of acidity problem take drugs prescribed by doctor and also go for a walk. You will notice pleasant surprises in the first day of walk itself.
This is because once you go for a walk, the motility of gut increases expels gases and clears stools. This makes gut toxin free and relives stress on stomach to secrete acid.
2. Relief from constipation: If one is suffering from prolonged constipation, it is good to take a walk regularly. As mentioned above, walk enhances intestinal motility and clears stools. Having water before going for a walk also is more beneficial.
3. Improves heart beat and regularities heart rhythm: For heart patients, it is said that they should minimize movements. But this does not apply for walking in most cases. Interestingly in many cases walking for a short distance in a slow pace helps regularize heart beat and also blood pressure.
Further walking is the best exercise to strengthen heart muscles.
4. Aids digestion: Digestion is a factor which also dependent on physical activity. The more is the activity the better is the digestion as the system has to retake all the necessary nutrients lost due to exercise i.e walking. So walking helps improve digestion and also absorption of food into blood.
5. Makes you active: Taking a brisk walk after awake in the morning or from sleep helps you stay active for remaining part of the day. Also for those who sit for long and have stress due to it will have better health when they walk. Walking whenever chance permit during work or travel to work place is a healthy option.
6. Keeps muscles fit: Walking especially strengthens the muscles of the stomach, legs, arm and hips. So it is good to maintain the fitness and shape of these muscles. So to some extent it contributes to weight loss.
You can personally notice than when you walk your body will seem to be fit and erect.
7. Helps overcome insomnia. Sedentary life is also a cause of insomnia. Taking a walk regularly helps you keep your body and brain fit and helps get sound sleep at bed time.
8. Minimizes BP changes (blood pressure): Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the blood vessels. So BP is related to the muscle strength of blood vessel walls.
Walking as mentioned before tones up muscles of legs, arms, belly and also back. Similarly walking tones up muscles in the walls of blood vessels. Further it helps circulation to be active even in regions of low blood supply. This lets blood flow into every corner of the body there by supplying oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells. So many patients with abnormal BP are advised to walk for favorable results.
9. Improves body tone: Walking improves circulation even to the remote body parts. This helps in clearing of toxin and waste due to enhanced circulation. Further the enhanced blood circulation supplies nutrients to nooks and corner most cells. You can notice this after you start walking for a few weeks. The body is toned up due to regular exercise.
10. Helps relive load on kidney: Expulsion of salt from the body is done mainly by kidneys in sedentary life style. But when one walks, there can be sweating and excretion through skin. This helps decrease the load on kidneys as some of the salt is expelled out by sweat.
11. Overcome depression & anxiety: These mood disorders are thought to be caused by mental stress. The mental stress goes down due to regular physical exercise. So walking is one of the best mental stress relievers. if you are stressed, go out for a walk in a pleasant surroundings like a green farm or besides water bodies. This will helps you overcome anxiety and depression.
12. Minimizes discomforts of chronic diseases. In diabetes many people have unwanted problems like body pains, head ache etc. Walking regularly helps one overcome these discomforts. Stress is said to be prime causative factor for chronic diseases. Walking minimizes stress and helps overcome long standing disorders.
Walking is a type of natural exercise and is said to strengthen heart and other muscles.
Tips for healthy walk
1. Always walk in the morning or evening times. Morning after waking from bed and attending nature calls. Evening walking after work hours also relieves stress. Walking in the mornings is better as the weather is cool and also the air fresh. Even in areas with air pollution morning hours the pollution is low.
2. Have some water before going for a walk. Drinking water helps the body stay hydrated and even soothes the digestive tract. It will also help free motions and avoid constipation.
3. Walk in a clear ground instead of on grass. Further try walking bare foot i.e. without foot wear. This helps you feel the sense of ground and you feel more relaxed. But do not walk bare footed in filthy places.