I wanted to try this medicine for my mother, who has slight hypertension, around 150/90 Hg of blood pressure. She was on anti-hypertensive drugs for three years as prescribed by a physician.
She was put on drugs like the β-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and finally calcium channel blocker (CCB), namely amlodipine and then Cilnidipine citrate.
She was on CCBs for quite a long time, like 2 and a half years. She was already 75+ and using these medicines for a long time made her gain weight and become lethargic.
She was complaining about it. So I had to think of other alternatives. Then I was searching for some herbal remedies and came across Arjuna extract. This Arjuna is said to be potent herbal medicine for high blood pressure and cardiac problems. Since my mother was also gushing at times despite CCB medicine. I thought of giving it a try. I consulted a physician and called up the customer care of Himalaya, one of the prominent vendors for Arjuna tablets.
After gaining their confidence, I helped my mother take the tablets of Himalaya.
Arjuna Himalaya medicine review
She started taking one tablet of Arjuna twice a day. One in the morning half an hour before breakfast and then one in the evening half an hour before supper. Each tablet has 250mg of Arjuna dried bark extract. The following changes were seen.
- A decrease in Hypertension: I monitored my mother’s blood pressure for a few weeks before she was kept on Arjuna tablets. The blood pressure ranges were normal. I did random checks of blood pressure and they were within 120 to 140mmHg for systolic and around 70 to 80 mm Hg for diastolic.
- Heart rate: The heart rate was quite inconsistent in my mother. Sometimes it was around 72 and other times, near to 78 beats per minute on regular checks. But when put on the Arjuna tablet, the pulse rate remained almost consistent within the range of 72 to 74.
- Body swelling: My mother had swollen legs (pedal edema) after taking amlodipine for 6 months. Then on the advice of a physician, we changed to Cilnidipine citrate, another CCB. It is said to have no chances for pedal edema. Still, she felt overall; her body has swollen, an indication of water accumulation in the body. Due to this, she felt heavy and was unable to move, stand or walk with ease. On taking Arjuna tablets, she felt better in one week. Her swellings gradually began to subside. Her feet, which were swollen, began to shrink to normal and she was active and enthusiastic than before.
- Breathlessness (gushing): With other anti-hypertensive drugs, she was not completely free from gushing. This used to be seen even after slight exertion like standing and moving away from the chair, walking, etc. But with this herbal medicine, she began to feel better. And I did not notice any signs of gushing.
- Better sleep: Another characteristic thing I noticed was, my mother was getting awake and unable to sleep after midnight with previous medicine. But with this Arjuna, she started sleeping well overnight. Also, she had intense naps even during the day. This aspect of medicine helped her get rid of mental stress.
Experience of my Uncle with Arjuna tablets
My father in law has been suffering from emphysema or maybe COPD. For a long he has been complaining of breathlessness in spite of taking β2 agonist, steroids to help him breathe easier.
But, I suggested Arjuna after consulting a physician. I felt due to persistent breathing insufficiency of his lungs; his heart might be having a problem with circulation. Also, he started to develop swelling in his thighs. So, I thought Arjuna would be of benefit to him. He, too, reported having felt relieved of breathlessness.
Also, he used to suffer from insomnia and was taking sleeping pills to aid in sleep. But on using Arjuna tablets, he too started to have better sleep and sometimes he got short naps even during the day. So, overall it relieved him of mental strain and assisted in having better breath.
With my sister
My elder sister had intermittent right-hand pain especially in the palm and below the elbow. She was also taking medicine for hypothyroidism. On consulting few doctors regarding the pain they suggested her to undergo surgery to remove any blockage in the arteries of the hand.
I was quite apprehensive about it as I was not sure how surgery could cure her without further complications.
So, based on her lifestyle and food habits I was doubtful if she had an inefficient blood supply due to a weak pulse.
I gave a bottle of arjuna tablets with the advice to take one in a day. If she had no complications, I asked her to take two in the day.
After a week she had complete relief from hand pain and she gradually stopped taking medicine except when the pain returned which was rare.
My suggestion to you
Please contact the seller of the preparation. In my case, it was Himalaya customer care. If they recommend it, then you can go for it. Also, consult your physician before making a final decision to use the tablets.
Then use the tablets as per the recommendation with regular monitoring of the blood pressure using a digital manometer.
Also, use lacuna (a garlic extract) for better results. It is good to manage lipid profile and help the heart and blood pressure.
Arjuna tablets work almost instantly like in few hours after administration.
If it is tablets try to take one tablet and see how it works on your body. If it has no untoward reactions, you can take one tablet a day or two tablets in a day.