Health is a vital aspect of everyone’s life and everyone is subjected to health issues sometime or other in life.
Health is so important to lead a quality and happy fulfilled life.
One can dream of many goals in life but, these goals require time for achievement.
If health is lost this time available for growth and development is drastically reduced.
Hence the healthy living tips are followed by most successful people all over the world.
The human body in most people at birth has complete health. But in course of time, we destroy our health by accident or even deliberately out of negligence.
So taking caring of god gifted health is of at most importance. Proverb prevention is better than cure holds good at all times.
Health living tips to consider include
Lifestyle. Lifestyle is a very important factor in deciding the health. This means eating, working, relaxing and sleeping habits. A person who works more stresses himself and a person who never works also stresses himself. So one needs to balance himself and follow discipline.
Let’s understand the lifestyle that can lead to ill health by some examples:
- People who travel (by road) on a regular basis on account of job suffers from gastric ulcer sometime or other. So it is good to find a job requiring less travel. It also helps us avoid pollution by automobiles.
- People who smoke heavily burn their lungs and respiratory system. This leads to an inability for proper respiration latter. So it is good to quit smoking and even avoid learning it.
- People who travel from country to country by flights suffer from jet lack of sickness. This lack of proper rest leads to stress. So get sufficient sleep and suitable food.
- Lack of cleanliness. There is quote cleanliness is next to god. Those who do not bathe regularly or keep their body cleans suffer from skin diseases. Also one should have clean surroundings for healthy breath and living. Food also should be hygienic.
- Sitting before a computer or television for a long time will affect your site and also body physiology. There was a recent study to show that those who sit before TV are prone to diabetes than those who do not watch TV. So one needs to walk at short intervals and also habituate yoga practice.
- Not drinking sufficient water leads to metabolic stress. Lack of water causes improper metabolism, excretion leading to the accumulation of toxins in the body. Also, there are chances of urinary tract infection or the formation of kidney stones.
Food habits. A regular and planned diet is better for good and long term health.
a. Better to eat food from one reliable source than multiple sources.
b. Eating less is quite impressive for longer life spans.
c. Eating homemade food, low-fat diets rich with proteins is advisable.
Also eating at regular times helps one avoid acidity and other stomach related problems.
Mindset or mental condition. Most of the patients in a hospital have diseases caused by a mental condition. We face many mental stresses like anxiety, depression, fear, etc. This affects health severely. So one needs to guard their minds against this mood fluctuation and related disorders.
Tips to guard mental stress: Always try to associate with like-minded people who are optimistic people.
- Try to share your thoughts with your dear ones.
- Have time for yourself and your hobbies.
- Do not react immediately when you are upset.
- Take time to think and then react.
- Most of the time we get into mental turmoil because of misunderstanding.
Relationships. A person with a good family has better health than those without. This implies that one needs to have a family to look after. This solves both emotional and physical related problems. So it is even important to get married at the right time.
Knowledge and awareness. Many people get into health complications due to a lack of knowledge. This is seen in issues like sex, pregnancy, etc. Trying to have knowledge of these issues can save us from unnecessary health issues.
Availability of medical help.
Lack of availability of proper medical help is another contributing factor. So living in places of good health care is important. Also one must opt for health insurance to meet up the expenses of health care.
Factors responsible for human diseases:
The factors which can inflict our health can be understood under the following types.
Genetic based: This is a which you are not responsible for. Most of the genetically acquired diseases or disorders are expressed from birth. But some of them like diabetes, express themselves after a certain age. So to keep them checked and delay their expression one needs to minimize stress both mentally and physically. Stress is an important factor that will lead to the expression of disease-related genes. So the more the stress you are into, the faster is the disease onset.
Due to exposure: Since we live in a modern world. There are chances we expose ourselves to pollutants and disease-causing factors. This includes exposure to sunlight, chemicals, fire, electricity, radiation, etc. This seems to be inevitable but we must keep ourselves away from such exposure.
For instance, one is prone to sunstroke in hot summers. The way to avoid is to drink sufficient water, use a white cap when you go out. Also, avoid going out in mid-noon.
Similarly, exposure to pollutants leads to diseases like cancer, headaches, skin burns, heart problems, sterility, eye problems, etc. So stay away from pollution. Drink pure water and inhale fresh air.
Environmental or climate-related: When the climate changes suddenly we seem to catch cold may cold, fever, etc. These seem to be less problematic as they get off in a week or two at max. But the frequent encounter with these problems inflicts our body immunity. Also, there is wear and tear of the organs affected which get weakened over time. So it is good to stay in a better environment for long.
Negligence on our part: Not drinking water when we thirsty, not going for the toilet when the urge, not eating food when hungry are types of negligence towards health. Delaying the time of the meal or water intake are simple and many of us commit on a regular basis. But, these on long-term add up to stress which our body is already facing by every day.
Infections: Sudden epidemics like viral fevers, malaria, and typhoid like disorders are of severe concern. So in such cases, we need to be careful. We can get vaccinated if possible. Also keeping away from epidemics is needed to stay away from these infections.
Stress and overload: We tend to stress a lot at work, performance, etc. When the body is subjected to longtime stress, there is acidity, heartburn, etc. Also eating much, working overtime, sleeping much, etc lead to stress. The body is a natural system so it tries to be more in touch with nature’s time and schedule. It likes to be active in the day time and rest at night. So letting it so keeps us healthier for longer.