Patanjali Divya Mukta Vati is a natural herbal medicine for controlling high blood pressure.
Blood pressure (BP) is the pressure exerted by the blood onto the arterial walls.
This BP, when elevated, can cause life-threatening problems if neglected.
BP increases because of anxiety, obesity, hardening of blood vessels, alcoholism, sedentary life, and other factors.
Since these are chronic conditions, hypertension can sometimes last for a patient’s lifetime
Hence, the medicines have to be taken for an extended period.
In the allopathic system, there are four types of medication like
- Calcium channel blockers
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.
- Beta-adrenergic blockers.
- However, the above-mentioned medicines can cause abnormal side effects, and slight discontinuation of the medicines can lead to fatal strokes.
- So, a person with high blood pressure will suffer from modern medicine and also without any medicine.
To avoid this, one can rely on natural medicines for BP without any side effects; one such natural medicine is Divya Mukta Vati of Patanjali Ayurved.
- Being a pharmacist, I have seen different medicines related to high blood pressure and their effects on individual patients.
- Most of the patients suffer from one or other serious side effects like swelling in the legs, chronic cough, headaches, and more.
When we tried this medicine on some of my family members, it was found to be very effective for mild to moderate hypertension.
It produced stable blood pressure without any side effects.
Ingredients in Divya Mukta Vati
It is made of natural ingredients available from specific plant sources.
|Quantity in mg
|Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha)
|Mukta Pishti (pearl paste)
The specialty of this medicine is that one can forget to take this medicine and still not have severe problems like allopathy medicine.
Also, due to the overall effects of this medicine, it seems to cure hypertension. But still, the claims cannot be true unless verified.
The medication is available in tablet form, and one can take it with a glass of water.
- One or two tablets twice a day on an empty stomach is advised per the label.
- I would advise starting with one tablet a day besides continuing your regular medicine.
- Notice the effects on the body and any changes that happen with it.
- For some, there could be excess urination or breathing difficulty at night. The slow habituation of the medicine can manage this.
- This might be because of the homeostasis of the body to the regular medicine in use, which is disturbed by the new one.
- Once you feel comfortable, start taking it twice and notice the changes.
- Over a period of two weeks, you may even discontinue modern medicine.
Also, during this process, monitor your blood pressure levels with that of the old readings and take doctors’ help if needed.
Based on the ingredients, this medicine seems to work by
- Normalisizng heart rate
- Calming down the mind
- Promoting sleep
- Removing excess water (by enhanced urination in the beginning)
Unlike modern medicine, this medicine does not act on one particular organ or receptor in the body.
But it tries to correct the system to a normal state.
Mukta Vati side effects and precautions to consider
It is considered free from side effects. However, since it is a medicine affecting blood pressure.
- The only thing is; initially, some of them might suffer from adverse side effects, which will subside within a day or two.
- Also, the patient will be able to decide the correct dosage suitable for him by using it for a week or more.
- Even half of the tablet in a day will be quite sufficient for some. So, one should start with one or two tablets a day and then check for any issues.
- One has to monitor BP and then decide if they have to lower the dose or frequency.
Also, kindly consult a doctor after you start using the medicine to know the progress of the treatment.
Frequently asked questions and answers.
Can i stop divya mukta vati
Skipping the tablets is not risky, unlike modern medicine for hypertension. One can stop Divya Mukta tablets after prolonged usage. And restart if the BP rises again.
Can it be taken with allopathic medicine?
Initially, one must take this tablet with allopathic medicine for some time. Then, slowly, you can discontinue allopathic medicine and rely only on it.
Also, keep monitoring your BP regularly.
Does it contain heavy metals?
Based on the ingredients listed on the label, there is no heavy metal.
It is true that some Ayurvedic products have heavy metals that can be toxic.